Position Open for Academic Research Assistant (Arctic and Antarctic studies) at Polar Cooperation Research Centre (PCRC)
Polar Cooperation Research Centre (PCRC) is looking for a academic research assistant.
- 1. Content of job information
Polar Cooperation Research Centre (PCRC), Kobe University GSICS, is seeking an academic research assistant who can assist Centre's administration. The applicant should be able to communicate in English. The term of expected employment is from April 1 to September 30, 2018 (can be shortened). The specific job details can be adjusted according to the capacity (including English capacity) and the experience of the applicant.
For research activities of the PCRC, please visit its HP .
- 2. Job details
Centre's administrative support, including:
- - Updating PCRC webpage (in English)
- - Preparation of administrative, financial, and other documents (both in English and Japanese)
- - Receiving international scholars from abroad
- - Other administrative work requested by PCRC Director
- 3. Address of work location
- 2-1 Rokkodai-cho, Nada, Kobe, Hyogo, Japan
- 4. Number of positions
- 5. Starting date
- April 1, 2018 (with possible adjustment)
- 6. Employment status
Part-time (non tenured)
Short-term employment from April 1 to September 30, 2018 (with possible adjustments)
- 7. Qualifications
- [Academic Qualifications]
- - University graduate
- [Other necessary requirements]
- - E-mail exchanges in English
- - Able to use MS-Word and other basic software. For webpage updating, we use dreamweaver.
- - Being interested in international research regarding Arctic and Antarctic
- 8. Compensation
Academic research assistant
1,375 yen - 2,226 yen per an hour (It varies according to your background), with commuter allowance.
- If the applicant is from outside Japan, we will not be able to provide international travel expense or housing allowance. It is the applicant's own responsibility to arrange to be in Japan by the starting date with appropriate visa and to have an address in the vicinity of the university.
- [Work hours]
We can be flexible (Basically, 6 - 8 hours per day on week days).
Saturdays, Sundays and national holidays
- 9. Application period
- 2018/02/15 Deadline for receipt
From December 15, 2017 to February 15, 2018.
- We will examine the applications as they come in, so there is a possibility to terminate the process before this date.
- 10. Application / selection / notification of result
Please send (1) your CV and work experience documents, and (2) a statement (up to 800 words) providing information regarding the required qualifications indicated above. Please indicate clearly an E-mail address through which we can contact you.
If you live outside of Japan, you may also send the application documents by E-mail.
We will notify you whether you can proceed to the interview. The interview will be conducted in Japanese and English. We will examine the applications as they come in.
- 11. Contact details
General Affairs Office, GSICS, Kobe University
2-1 Rokkodaicho, Nada, Kobe 657-8501 Hyogo
E-mail: gsics-soumu [at] office.kobe-u.ac.jp
- 12. Additional information
- We prefer those having experience in working/studying in universities and other research institutions. Students (graduate students) may apply for this post if she/he is on leave of absence during the entire period of employment.