Position Open for Academic researcher (international law, Arctic and Antarctic studies) at Polar Cooperation Research Centre (PCRC)
Polar Cooperation Research Centre (PCRC) is looking for a Academic researcher.
- 1. Content of job information
Polar Cooperation Research Centre (PCRC), Kobe University GSICS, is seeking an academic researcher who can assist Centre's research in Arctic and Antarctic international law, and support the Centre's administration. The applicant must have good command of English. The term of expected employment is from April 1 to September 30, 2018 (can be shortened).
For research activities of the PCRC, please visit its HP .
- 2. Job details
Centre's research support, including:
- - Documents search, collection and organization; publication support; fund-raising application support
- - Planning and implementing academic seminars and other events organized by PCRC
- - Supporting research for PCRC members* and graduate students
- - Updating PCRC webpage
- - Other research and research support requested by PCRC Director
- * Most of them are international researchers and communication will be done in English.
- 3. Address of work location
- 2-1 Rokkodai-cho, Nada, Kobe, Hyogo, Japan
- 4. Number of positions
- 5. Starting date
- April 1, 2018 (with possible adjustment)
- 6. Employment status
Part-time (non tenured)
Short-term employment from April 1 to September 30, 2018 (with possible adjustments)
- 7. Qualifications
- [Academic Qualifications]
- - University graduate
- [Other necessary requirements]
- - Good command of English, including E-mail communication in English.
- - Able to use MS-Word and other basic software. For webpage updating, we use dreamweaver.
- - Able to search and collect academic articles and documents in libraries and internet.
- 8. Compensation
1,375 yen - 2,226 yen per an hour (It varies according to your background), with commuter allowance.
- If the applicant is from outside Japan, we will not be able to provide international travel expense or housing allowance. It is the applicant's own responsibility to arrange to be in Japan by the starting date with appropriate visa and to have an address in the vicinity of the university.
- [Work hours]
We can be flexible (Basically, 6 - 8 hours per day on week days).
Saturdays, Sundays and national holidays
- 9. Application period
- 2018/02/15 Deadline for receipt
From December 15, 2017 to February 15, 2018.
- We will examine the applications as they come in, so there is a possibility to terminate the process before this date.
- 10. Application / selection / notification of result
Please send (1) your CV, work experience and list of academic publications/activities; (2) statement or documents demonstrating the applicant's English capability; and (3) statement up to 800 words describing the expectation of the applicant in assisting the research at PCRC. Please indicate clearly an E-mail address through which we can contact you.
If you live outside of Japan, you may also send the application documents by E-mail.
We will notify you whether you can proceed to the interview. The interview will be conducted in English and/or Japanese. We will examine the applications as they come in.
- 11. Contact details
General Affairs Office, GSICS, Kobe University
2-1 Rokkodaicho, Nada, Kobe 657-8501 Hyogo
E-mail: gsics-soumu [at] office.kobe-u.ac.jp
- 12. Additional information
- We prefer those having experience in working/studying in the fields such as international law, other fields of law, and international relations. Students (graduate students) may apply for this post if she/he is on leave of absence during the entire period of employment.