2024 Japanese Government (MEXT) Scholarship Program
For the enrollment for the academic year beginning in April/October 2024
Research student/ Master's Course/ Doctoral Course, MEXT (Monbukagakusho) Scholarship is applicable only through Japanese embassies in your country.
Call for applications / Submission of application documents has started in many places.
Please check with the Japanese Embassy in your country.
Note that due to COVID-19, the selection and schedule may be changed from previous years.
Asian Development Bank-Japan Scholarship Program
- The Application Period: From January 5 to January 12, 2024
- Applicants for the ADB-JSP are required to satisfy both requirements of the SPECIAL COURSE FOR DEVELOPMENT POLICY (MASTER’S COURSE) and those of the Additional Requirements for the ADB-JSP.
- Additional Requirements for the 2024 ADB-JSP
- ADB-JSP Information Sheet (.doc file)
- Contact address for further inquiries by December 1, 2023 at the latest at: gsics-kyomu[at]office[dot]kobe-u[dot]ac[dot]jp
- Application form
- Research proposal
- Letter of recommendation
- Letter of consent
- Photograph card
- Examination registration form
April/October 2024 Research Students
- April/October 2024 Research Students Application Guideline
- Application Period For April Admission: From November 17, 2023 to November 24, 2023 (must reached GSICS Academic Office, by post only)
- Application Period For October Admission: From May 17, 2024 to May 24, 2024 (must reached GSICS Academic Office, by post only)
Applicants who wish to become a research student at GSICS need to obtain preliminary consent from the hosting professor first.
You must send an email to the professor, who you would like to have as your research advisor, with the following documents.
- Research proposal (More than 600 words)
- Curriculum Vitae (.docx file)
Please check the contact information (email address) of the professor of your choice from the Teaching Staff page.
- If you do not see the email address of the professor on the Teaching Staff page, please send an email to the Academic Affairs Office with the name of the professor of your choice.
- Email: gsics-kyomu[at]office[dot]kobe-u[dot]ac[dot]jp
- Please download the following application documents:
A preliminary consent from the hosting professor does not mean your admission is approved.
Study in Kobe: Research Students